Friday, October 15, 2010

Olive goes to San Diego with Ms. Virginia!

Virginia (PC '07) took me all the way to the WEST COAST! We went to see Madison (PC '07) over Virginia's fall break :) San Diego is literally on the other side of the country from Charlotte, but it was worth the flight! The first day we explored Downtown San Diego and went out to a bar called the Ivy and danced on the roof at a bar called Quality Social. It was SO much fun! Date functions taught me well! The next day we met up with Ashley Zamperini (PC '08) at Mission Beach, went to a food and arts festival at Pacific Beach, and then ate at this place called the Ale House that brews all of its own beers on site. That night we went to a piano bar called Shout! where there really cute piano player, Jonathon, came over and talked to Madison and Virginia....I think I was a little too short for him. Silly boys...don't they know great things come in small packages?!?



The next day we walked around Balboa Park, literally all of it. Madison took us to the San Diego Zoo, the Natural History Museum, and some church that was really pretty. I also got to try shaved ice - pina colada flavor of course. That night we went out to an irish bar called O'Henrys where we listened to some really bad karaoke (these people were obvs not in a musical fraternity) and met some of Madison's friends and Emily Sekulic (Madison's roommate) law school classmates. One of them was cute, but as per usual he turned out to be a d-bag. Nonetheless, we danced the night away at another place called Whiskey Girl (Virginia was beyond excited about this, as I'm sure you all guessed), and we met some Europeans who think it is socially acceptable to wear cropped white jeans, white flip flops, and a t-shirt tighter than my corset back in the day. California really is a bit crazy! Instead of cornfields and bales of hay its beaches and people on rollerblades.



The last day we did some damage at Fashion Style Mall and Nordstrom Rack, went to Coronado Beach, and Virginia decorated Emily and Madison's apartment...it was struggling. The flight back seemed to take forever, but luckily Virginia's nice friends Pete and Paul were able to pick us up from the airport.

This weekend I am going to my first ever NASCAR race!!! I'm sad to be missing homecoming, but Virginia says I just can't leave yet, and she is in charge of booking my flight back to Charlottesville, so I am at her mercy.
I will see you all soon though and expect a Nascar update this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment